Thursday, June 2, 2016

MONTHLY FAVORITES | May 2016

It's June already. How the heck did that happen?

May was quite a chill and laid-back month for me, and that really reflected in the makeup that I chose to wear. My favorites last month were all products that gave me a very minimalistic yet summery look, and I didn't really fuss over blush, eyeshadow or mascara. I just wanted to have a radiant, glowy complexion and look put together. Wait, I want that all the time..

MONTHLY FAVORITES | May 2016 - Chantecaille, First Aid Beauty, Sonia Kashuk, Becca Cosmetics, Soap & Glory, NARS, Fresh, e.l.f., Wet n Wild

Chantecaille Just Skin Anti-Smog Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in Vanilla|  
I did a full review on this product last week, but long story short - I love how this applies and how it makes my skin look natural and perfected. It's been my go-to base for everyday (when I'm not directly in the sun - I talk more about my issue with the SPF in the review).

First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy: Brighten, Depuff and Smooth in Fair/Medium |
I hauled this recently and have been using it every single morning, without fail. It's the best morning pick-me-up since the applicator is cold and helps you feel awake instantly while helping cover your dark circles (albeit not completely). Works great under concealer and I look forward to using it every morning.

Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Cream Bronzer in 42 Rich Bronze |
I've wanted this cream bronzer for years (seriously) after hearing it was a dupe for the ever-so luxurious Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base. Those who own both attest to the striking similarities in texture, application and finish, and whenever I can save money, trust that I will! This applies as a cream but blends into a smooth, powdery finish. It's great for using on natural days - there's no shimmer or glitter - and warms up the skin without looking like makeup.

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop |
This has been the only highlighter I've been reaching for all month. I already raved about it in my haul post, but I'll say it again - this is stunning. The peachy gold shade is so beautiful and flattering and you look like a freakin' Greek goddess in the flesh. Need I say more?

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Super-Translucent Mattifying Powder |
Just because I want to look glowy doesn't mean it's okay to look like an oily mess. This mattifying powder used to be my absolute favorite - before Laura Mericer's Translucent Loose Setting Powder came into the picture - and now I use them interchangeably, with this being a lot less messy than Laura Mercier's jar format. It's very well-loved and for good reason - it has a smooth texture, is invisible on the skin and keeps the areas I want (like my T-zone) shine-free for hours.  

MONTHLY FAVORITES | May 2016 - Sonia Kashuk Rich Bronze | Becca Champagne Pop | Soap & Glory Mattifying Powder
Sonia Kashuk Rich Bronze | Becca Champagne Pop | Soap & Glory Mattifying Powder

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien |
I got this sample as part of the birthday gift from Sephora last year, and it's a super pretty rose pink, MLBB shade that is perfect for everyday. It's not overly opaque (yet rather buildable, which I prefer) and is really comfortable on the lips. Doesn't last too long on me - only about two hours 'cos I'm always munching on food - but I don't mind reapplying.

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish |
You can't look beautiful and radiant if you have dry, chapped, flaky lips. This is a gentle but effective exfoliating scrub that gets rid of dry flakes (yuck) and makes my lips feel super soft and smooth afterwards. A tip would be to apply this dry, since the crystals slightly dissolve when wet. Also, try not to get this in your mouth, because although it smells amazing - like lemon and brown sugar - I can't say the same for the taste.

e.l.f. Cosmetics Small Tapered Brush |
I hauled this from Target recently with the sole purpose in mind of using it with my highlighters, and it has been perfect for that. The tapered end makes it super versatile - I can also see myself using this to blend concealer, set the under eyes, and even for contouring. Definitely picking up a few more when I get the chance.

Wet n Wild MegaLast Nail Color in 205B Sugar Coat
This is a milky, nude pink shade that has been my favorite nail color for any and every occasion. It makes your hands look so darn pretty and elegant, and helps pull your entire look together (it really does!). I've been wearing this all summer and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Oh, and did I mention this is $1.99 USD?!

That's a wrap, thanks for reading! 

Here's hoping the month of June lasts a bit longer than May did. Next thing you know, summer with be over and fall will be upon us..

No comments:

Post a Comment